The Eemlandhoeve is involved in various rural renewal programs at the regional, national and European levels. Farmer Jan Huijgen received the international Mansholt prize in 2007 for his work in this field. He is involved in the Dutch program for multifunctional agriculture and regional knowledge development (Veelzijdig Platteland - Versatile Countryside). In 2008 he was a co-organiser of the European Eemland Conference. The book Cityside Oasis (2008, Stijn Postema and Tjirk Van der Ziel) describes the role of the Eemlandhoeve within Dutch rural development.
Other people involved with the work of the Eemlandhoeve (under guidance of J. Huijgen) contribute to lectures as well.
Lecture titles from previous years:
- State of the Art of Rural Development in the Netherlands
- Regional Development in City/Country Relations: the Versatile Countryside
- Building a Regional Identity: an Assignment for Now and Later
- Passion, Vision and Courage in the Relationship Between Agriculture and Culture (agri-culture)
- European Dimensions in the New Agricultural Politics