senior citizen / care packages
A get-away in the countryside
Many elderly people enjoy the chance to visit a farm again. It brings up memories from their youth; listening to the story of the farmer about the state of farming today, surrounded by nature and animals. The Eemlandhoeve also has lovely farming films about the 'old days' when farmers still spread their manure on the fields by hand and threw the hay high up on the haystack with an old fashioned 'hay-grabber.'
We've put together an all-in package especially for elderly to enjoy a get-away in the countryside. Appointments can be made for groups to visit with this senior citizen package.
People with mental and or physical disabilities sometimes need to get away too. Watching the baby chicks scampering around the farmyard and the pig rooting in the mud, or simply sitting in the walking garden listening to the buzzing of bees, can be a delightful way to spend a day. The care package has been assembled especially with this group in mind.
Simone de Vries/ Marieke Zomer
a get-away in the countryside (3 or 6 hrs)
- Welcome to the Eemlandhoeve/Landscape House with Spakenburg cake and a cup of coffee
- Story of the farmer
- Tour of the grounds
- Activity: creativity with natural materials
- and/or Viewing of farming film from old Bunschoten
- (with a 6 hour program) Delicious lunch with regional products
- Prices: (indicative, dependent on the program)
- Group of 10-20 people: 12,50 - 15 euro/pp
- Group of 20+ people: discount according to group size